Thursday, November 15, 2007


The music video I selected was Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics. This is the oldest video I can remember watching when I was little. I can recall hearing the song on the radio first. Then one day when I was watching the television this video came on. I remember watching it and thinking Annie Lennox was a man, with her bright orange hair. She also had on a suit. This really bothered me. Little did I know that she was a British music artist. I can remember thinking she looked really mean and if I met her she would beat me up. Yes, I was really scared of her. I think the reason why I watched the video was the beat and the song. The synthesizers they used really drew me into the song. It was like nothing I had heard before. I was use to all the old country hits. I can recall seeing the cows in the video and wondering why they were placed there. Now, looking back on the video I come to realize that I still do not know why the cows are in the video. The only thing I can think of is that is what she was dreaming.

When I was little I did not really watch music videos. I listened to the radio a lot, but I never watched the videos. For some reason when this video came on the television I was hooked. I started to watch a lot more music videos. Music videos began to materialize the lyrics I had listened to on the radio. To me it was interesting to see what they had in the different videos. I always had my own picture in my head before I saw them on the television, so it was fun to compare them to what the artist had done. Each song is everyone’s own interpretation.