Sunday, November 11, 2007


The music video I chose is twisted transistor by Korn. I had another video picked out, but I decided I wanted to go with something funny. If you know Korn you might be asking yourself how could it be funny. Korn is a more heavy alternative rock band. What makes this video funny to me is that Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, Lil Jon, and DB are in this video. These guys are famous rappers. To see these rappers pretend to be Korn is hilarious. Throughout the whole video they are making fun of the real band members. Like when David Silvera is supposed to be auditioning for “sexy beast cologne,” the two men who are auditioning him keep yelling at him “perfect just what we were looking for.” Every time I watch this video it cracks me up and I cannot help but laugh.

Another thing I really like about this video is the fact that it is not set up in a traditional way. The video is set up like a documentary. They play the song, but throughout the video the producers cut the words out and put dialogue into the video. It is like you are watching a making of the video. The dialogue scenes are hilarious. They use an intern throughout the video to make it that much more funny. One example is when the intern gets arrested. The manager goes over to the cop car and starts to yell at the cops. He says “that’s my intern. He is earning college credit for this mate.” The reason this is funny because the intern is arrested because he is on a bus full of prostitutes. Why would the manager be yelling at the cops? It is funny because the manager has no ground to try to help the intern. I do not know if anyone else who watches this video will think it is funny, but I believe it to be hilarious. The documentary style and role-playing are what sets this video apart from traditional music videos.